- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2/3 +2 teaspoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons almond flour/meal
- 1 Tablespoon Gluten Free all-purpose flour
- Optional ice cream or whipped cream for serving, if desired
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and place two 6-ounce ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Melt the butter and 2/3 cup chocolate chips in a medium bowl over simmering water and stir until smooth. Remove the bowl from the pan and let cool.
- Combine the egg and sugar in a medium bowl and whisk until thick and lighter in color.
- While whisking, gradually add the melted chocolate, then whisk in the salt, vanilla, almond meal, and GF flour.
- Divide the batter between the two ramekins and place 1 teaspoon chocolate chips in the center of each ramekin, pressing down lightly.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 180-22 minutes or until not quite set, and the tops crackle.
- Let cool slightly before serving, topping with ice cream or whipped cream.