“I pray this story will inspire others to step out of their comfort zone to serve those less fortunate,” states the author. “One act of kindness can create a ripple effect which can impact a community. Compassion is contagious and does not have a price tag.”
Jacki Lynne Dirksmeyer is the director of FEED MY PEEPS, which originated in St. Louis, Missouri. She has a seasoned background in hospitality, culinary and ministry. Jacki was awarded the Local Food Hero Award from Gardens to Tables at St. Louis University in 2013. FEED MY PEEPS has also expanded to the Northern Virginia and Washington, DC areas. Jacki has sown culinary seeds and the harvest is abundant as the network of chefs and market places generously support the movement of FEED MY PEEPS.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2/3 +2 teaspoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons almond flour/meal
- 1 Tablespoon Gluten Free all-purpose flour
- Optional ice cream or whipped cream for serving, if desired
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and place two 6-ounce ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Melt the butter and 2/3 cup chocolate chips in a medium bowl over simmering water and stir until smooth. Remove the bowl from the pan and let cool.
- Combine the egg and sugar in a medium bowl and whisk until thick and lighter in color.
- While whisking, gradually add the melted chocolate, then whisk in the salt, vanilla, almond meal, and GF flour.
- Divide the batter between the two ramekins and place 1 teaspoon chocolate chips in the center of each ramekin, pressing down lightly.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 180-22 minutes or until not quite set, and the tops crackle.
- Let cool slightly before serving, topping with ice cream or whipped cream.
- 4 Tilapia Fillets
- 3Tbls Soy Sauce
- 3Tbls Balsamic Vinegar
- 3Tbls Honey
- 1Tbls Minced Garlic
- Fresh Herbs (optional)
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375
- Combine Soy, Balsamic Vinegar, Honey, Garlic in a bowl as the marinade
- Place Tilapia in a Zip lock bag with the marinade and fresh herbs (optional)
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Take Tilapia Fillets out of marinade and sprinkle with cracked black pepper
- Place in oven for 15-20 minutes until fish flakes
- If you wish to have a sauce after having made marinade then reserve 1/2 cup of marinate. Place in sauce pan & bring to boil then simmer for 5 minutes until reduced by half. Serve over Tilapia